Its about time but come patch 4.1 Maelstrom Crystals will be available to buy from your justice point vendors as well as honor point vendors.
Now you can eventually get those recipes that you were unable to get your hands on if you didn’t have time to raid or were too poor to pay the extortionate AH prices.
Image courtesy of MMO-Champion.com
Blizzard have just released an image of the next purchasable mount going to be made available on through their online store.
Winged Lion Mount
Myself, I’m not too found of it and not that big on buying digital items. However I have recently let down my guard and picked up a Lil’ Ragnaros as I was worried with the recent changes to him for Cataclysm raiding he might not be available forever. For those of you that don’t know though, he also acts as a cooking fire! So if you were to at least buy one pet I would recommend this one 😉
Yesterday I had a little chat about the upcoming patch 4.0.3a which will shatter Azeroth and change the world as we’ve known it from all the way back to 2004. For those of you unsure on what will be happening next week, here is a quick run down:
What is not in:
- Creating worgen/goblin characters
- Worgen/Goblin start zones
- Professions past 450 (Illustrious Grand Master)
- Guild leveling
- Guild achievements
- Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor flight
- New Zones (80+)
What is in:
- Portals in Dalaran/Shattrath Removed
- Class trainers in Dalaran where portals once were
- New race-class combinations (excluding worgen/goblin)
- New Gnome/Troll starting areas
- Changes to existing zones
- New cata load screens
- New cata intro cinematic
- New cata login screen
- New music
- City Quartermasters, with rep tabards
- Bug fixes
- Class balancing
- Druids, paladins, priests, and shaman will have their talent trees reset
- Experience required to gain levels 71 through 80 is being reduced by 20%
- New tamable hunter pets (Monkey, fox, dog, and beetle, as well as new skins for existing pet classes.)
So congratulations to a big chunk of my guild that managed to get their 310% mounts from Uldaar earlier this week. I’m a little gutted as I only managed to back end of the raid to pick up 3 achievements. I thought there would still be time to get my hands on it to save me some money but that has changed.
With 4.0.1 the mounts are all still achievable but the speeds will no longer be 310%, they will be the highest speed you have currently learnt. From this patch onward the only way to obtain 310% is with Master Riding. I may still make a push for the mount, as it is an amazing looking mount, but without the bonus of 310% I’m not so sure I’ll be willing to put in the effort.
There are no 310% mounts anymore. 310% speed is now obtained via Master riding, a new flying skill. All flying mounts are now only distinguished by aesthetics.
After grinding my butt through the Exodar and Darnassus starting zones last night I picked up the last chunk of rep needed to get exalted with every Alliance major city. That tied in with finishing up my last 5 seals for Exodar, I now own the Crusader title on Wizzam aswell as Tynee. Fortunately I knew about the pony before I wasted my seals so headed straight over to grab a mount for my squire.
On another note, Cataclysm’s official release date has been confirmed for the 7th December 2010 as predicted. Now I’ve got just over 2 month to decide whether to cancel my collectors or standard version of the game. Unsure whether to book in some holidays or not as well 😛
I got Halls of Lightning yesterday for my daily HC and the Librarian’s Paper Cutter dropped. Its not a massively rare BoE, but it did take me a good few runs to get lucky on my rogue when I was gearing up. Well its always nice to win a BoE as you’ll get a bit more profit on the Auction House. Well I was fortunate to win the roll before moving down the corridor towards the ‘burst to life’ statues. It wasn’t far before another dropped, I chuckled to myself thinking ‘hurr hurr, I wonder if I win this one also’. Well lightning struck twice and bam, winning roll, another Paper Cutter in my pack. Makes me curse the fact at how long I had spent on my rogue for this only to get two within 30 seconds.
Anyway, in other news, Cataclysm looks due for release on the 7th December. It hasn’t been announced officially but evidence had lead to prove it will be.
+ARENA_MASTER_NO_SEASON_TEXT = “Arena battles and Rated Battlegrounds are only available during an active player versus player combat season. Season nine will begin on December 14th, so be prepared at that time to take your shot at glory!”;
Originally Posted by Zarhym (Source)
The next Arena Season will begin for level-85 players approximately one week after the official launch of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.
On top of that, people who noticed a possibly sneaky reference a couple of months back are getting their ‘I told you so’ ready. In the Operation: Gnomeregan Imminent event news, the end of the first paragraph has the line; the chance of any cataclysmic event taking place in the foreseeable future is “less than 12.7%. 12/07 or 07/12 to us European’s reading as the 7th of December. Now its all coming together :). Remember though, although this means another 2 months til the expansion, patches 4.0 etc will be released before the expansion giving you the new world and talents etc before your able to unlock the 80-85 zones, new races and level cap with the cd-key.
Sorry for the drought recently on my blog, rolling up to Cata I’m getting the stage many people have been for the past few months, running out of things to do. I managed to dabble a little on my Paladin and finish getting him boosted up to 36 in hopes to award 18 levels to my priest in order for her to hit 60 and finish off tailoring however I forgot you need to be a higher level to grant 😛 so that pooped a bit on my plans. Going to head over to Zul’Farrak next for 36-45, one of my friends needs a recipe or 2 from there so is going to get us a few runs done.
Meanwhile Tynee has been left completely alone, only getting attention when I fancy grabbing something from the Engi auction house. Wizzam grabbed Brewmaster and had his weekly 25 ICC where he managed to get another token that will mean 10.25 pants in 10 frosts time and lastly Adlanna is still waiting for her boost to 60 before I make a push for end-game. So nothing much happening for me in WoW at the minute, however on the horizon there is plenty of Cataclysm news:
- Level 85 Herioc and Raiding gear requirements have been released. Its looking like 2200/1600 Justice Points for Herioc chests and hands, 2200/1600 valor points for raiding gear with capes and trinkets etc being around 1200 points.
- Blizzard are making a move towards removing portal hubs. In the beta both Shattrath and Dalaran portals have been removed and replaced with class trainers. Unsure about what they are planning with this, maybe just want mage portals to be used more often again as they seam to be quite useless unless a player has their HS on CD.
- Rumours Cataclysm will be delayed. The target date was rumoured to be November 5th, which judging by the way things were going with in-game events and developments in the Beta it was looking really likely. However recent news is that Blizzard are postponing to a early December release. The Cataclysm by itself will more than likely happen earlier and will let you play in the “new” azeroth for a couple of days/weeks before you can buy the expansion and access the level 85 content.
Blizzard have just released the current conversions for Emblems to points and gold, they are as following:
The following items are immediately converted to gold:
* Emblem of Heroism = 5.5 gold each
* Emblem of Valor = 5.5 gold each
* Emblem of Conquest = 5.5 gold each
* Badge of Justice = 1.833 gold each
Your New Honor Points total will be the sum of the following amounts:
* Old Honor * 0.024
* Old Arena Points * 0.85
* Battleground Mark of Honor * 2.976
* Wintergrasp Mark of Honor * 19.08
* Stone Keeper Shard * 1.6
* Venture Coin * 3
* Spirit Shard * 1
Your Justice Points total will be equal to (Emblems of Triumph + Emblems of Frost ) * 2.75
Again, the softcap for both Honor and Justice conversions is 4000 points. This means that if a character converts to above 4,000 points, it will not be possible for them to earn more until they fall below the 4,000 cap.
A hardcap will be implemented in a following patch before Cataclysm’s release. At that time, any excess points above 4,000 will be converted as follows:
* Honor points above 4,000 are converted to gold at a rate of 35 silver per point of Honor.
* Justice points above 4,000 are converted to gold at a rate of 2 gold per point of Justice.
Yesterday Blizzard announced that they are revamping the whole emblem, token, shard etc system for buying rewards and replacing it all with points.
- Emblems of Triumph and Emblems of Frost become Justice Points.
- All other emblems and badges are converted into gold, including BC-level badges.
- All PvP currencies (current Honor Points, Arena Points, Marks of Honor, Stone Keeper’s Shards, etc.) will become the new Honor Points.
- While there is a cap on new currencies in Cataclysm, that cap is being ignored for the purpose of the initial conversion. You just won’t be able to earn anything beyond the cap if you’re over it initially. This will then change shortly before Cataclysm is released, cutting off all currencies to the hard cap, with excess points being converted to gold.
The new currencies are;
- Justice Points Low-tier, easy-to-get PvE points that will buy gear (like Emblems of Triumph are now)
- Valor Points High-tier, harder-to-get PvE points that will buy gear (like Emblems of Frost are now)
- Honor Points Low-tier, easy-to-get PvP points that will buy PvP gear (like normal Honor Points are now)
- Conquest Points High-tier, harder-to-get PvP points that will buy PvP gear (like Arena Points are now)
The exact measurements of the conversion are going to be released later this afternoon by Blizzard so I’ll update that when in happens. In the mean time you better get back into those random dungeons as those emblems you thought would just be worthless will now count towards your justice points or could be downgraded to award you gold come Cataclysm.
Blizzard have just announced a new build for the Cataclysm Beta. It includes many things much as new talents, titles, an alliance guild mount, updated guild and player achievements as well as numerous class changes. You can read about most of them on MMO-Champion, however my favourite news is the cost of Azerothian Navigation.
We’ve added a new flying skill called Azerothian Navigation. When World of Warcraft: Cataclysm is released, players who purchase the expansion will see this skill available from flight trainers once they reach level 60. This new skill is required for flying around all Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms zones, including the new level 80-85 zones.
The cost for this is 250 gold. The name has also changed. I’ve updated my original post with the new information.
Originally Posted by Zarhym (Source)
I’m guessing once its live they won’t leave it that cheap, but one can only hope. With the costs of 310% speed being announced as 5,000 gold for those without a 310% mount, I can’t see them wanting to sink any more than 1,000 gold for this skill. Obviously most players returning to Azeroth for 80-85 quests should have more than enough to pay to fly there and the lower levelled characters don’t get flying til 60 anyway so don’t need it cheap at all.
We’ll see how things go but as it stands I’m loving the cost :D.