Blizzard have just released the current conversions for Emblems to points and gold, they are as following:
The following items are immediately converted to gold:
* Emblem of Heroism = 5.5 gold each
* Emblem of Valor = 5.5 gold each
* Emblem of Conquest = 5.5 gold each
* Badge of Justice = 1.833 gold each
Your New Honor Points total will be the sum of the following amounts:
* Old Honor * 0.024
* Old Arena Points * 0.85
* Battleground Mark of Honor * 2.976
* Wintergrasp Mark of Honor * 19.08
* Stone Keeper Shard * 1.6
* Venture Coin * 3
* Spirit Shard * 1
Your Justice Points total will be equal to (Emblems of Triumph + Emblems of Frost ) * 2.75
Again, the softcap for both Honor and Justice conversions is 4000 points. This means that if a character converts to above 4,000 points, it will not be possible for them to earn more until they fall below the 4,000 cap.
A hardcap will be implemented in a following patch before Cataclysm’s release. At that time, any excess points above 4,000 will be converted as follows:
* Honor points above 4,000 are converted to gold at a rate of 35 silver per point of Honor.
* Justice points above 4,000 are converted to gold at a rate of 2 gold per point of Justice.
Yesterday Blizzard announced that they are revamping the whole emblem, token, shard etc system for buying rewards and replacing it all with points.
- Emblems of Triumph and Emblems of Frost become Justice Points.
- All other emblems and badges are converted into gold, including BC-level badges.
- All PvP currencies (current Honor Points, Arena Points, Marks of Honor, Stone Keeper’s Shards, etc.) will become the new Honor Points.
- While there is a cap on new currencies in Cataclysm, that cap is being ignored for the purpose of the initial conversion. You just won’t be able to earn anything beyond the cap if you’re over it initially. This will then change shortly before Cataclysm is released, cutting off all currencies to the hard cap, with excess points being converted to gold.
The new currencies are;
- Justice Points Low-tier, easy-to-get PvE points that will buy gear (like Emblems of Triumph are now)
- Valor Points High-tier, harder-to-get PvE points that will buy gear (like Emblems of Frost are now)
- Honor Points Low-tier, easy-to-get PvP points that will buy PvP gear (like normal Honor Points are now)
- Conquest Points High-tier, harder-to-get PvP points that will buy PvP gear (like Arena Points are now)
The exact measurements of the conversion are going to be released later this afternoon by Blizzard so I’ll update that when in happens. In the mean time you better get back into those random dungeons as those emblems you thought would just be worthless will now count towards your justice points or could be downgraded to award you gold come Cataclysm.